Friday, June 26, 2015

Goodwill Oviedo (6.25)

The Oviedo Goodwill is a halfway decent store. I think because of its location, there's a lot in the way of "in" clothing. (Thanks to fickle and moving students.) However, it also has a lot in the way of tchotchkes. In the past I got a dog bowl, but saw things like blue rimmed Mexican glassware. 

So many sequins. This dress would be the perfect outfit for your funeral day; I'd love to inexplicably be buried in this. 

I love the preponderance of Golden Girls garb in thrift stores worldwide. This SCREAMS Blanch Devaroe. Need a group costume for Halloween? Think Golden Girls, think thrift. 

I'm a sucker for shiny things. In high school I made red glitter Converse low tops for an updated Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. These would be perfect if you were replicating the Dorothy from the book. Had these been a size 10, I would have put them on and never taken them off. 

I feel like these are the sandal version of fiesta ware. 

Truly vintage, Asian pumps. They had a tack in the underside of the toe. I don't know if this would serve "my customer"...still, pretty cool. 

This red makes my tummy warm. 

Native American salt and pepper shakers for Thanksgiving... Aww yeah...

Who dis is? I almost nabbed it for a room in my imaginary apartment that I'm just now designing. More to come, I'm sure. 

I love these damn pots.

A matching friend with lid.

This looks like the insert for a crockpot, but with the image on the side I had to wonder, "Dutchoven?"

Stackable. Perfect for my tiny, imaginary home.

Cast iron. I wish I knew more.

I like this, but I'm not sure what it's for. 

Anarchist toazt to YOU! 

So I probably should have nabbed this...everyone thinks it's 40s... Maybe I'll still be able to get it. 

Put some sugar in my bowl. 

Don't be giving me that naughty bear eye! 

A birthday bowling pin...of course...

Love the motif and color scheme. 

I have three ceramic pieces for this Goodwill's WTF:

The best of both worlds? 

Seems oddly specific...

There is no way in hell that Disney had this produced... "To forever and...further!"





























No comments: