Monday, June 29, 2015

Cat Protection Society Resale Shop

Coworkers had been telling me for some time that this place was nice and that they donate to this store so as to help the cause. It's somewhere between vintage and thrift. 

Fuckin' classy.

This was a framed poster...MILLIONS of giraffes!

I am soothed by this blue.

Nervous bear.

Sequins are SO in.

And beads.

Cat store haz cats.

But also dogs...scribbly as they may be.

I love this tiny plastic lamb. BAAAAAH!

Merry Christmas, now pass the tequila! 

Merry Christmas, now...wait... (Rule1).

Still in its plastic. Look at Condee squinting back there!

Don't make me get all zen on yo ass!

I almost had to have this because it was an integral part of my growing up. (80s babies know what I'm talking about). 

Cat things...because cats...

What do you call it when a person decorates cutlery? Spoondazzling?

Priceless. I like to think that whoever donated these dropped everything else in their pile of "give always" to Goodwill, but saved these for the cat place. 

I'm telling you, cat figurines never disappoint. 

LOVE these! 

Were these...I mean...did someone USE these?

I'm finding that pigurines are also gold. 

Like a rhinestone cow...girl...

Pretty sure this was a lady's blouse; want to see a dude wear it. 

I feel like this is a good, modern solution to all of the sequined, beaded blouses from the 80s; just save the sleeves or a part of the original. 

Like this...maybe it could be torn apart...repurposed?

Hats...those are hats...

Leather and sequins.

Weekend at Bernie's.

This was a skirt.

I'm not doing a WTF in this post because I found an AMAZING vintage piece that deserves the end spot:

This diaphanous, beaded...robe? Coat? The heft created by the all over, hand beading was glorious. I might pick it up. 

No comments: