Monday, June 29, 2015

Christian Home & Bible School Variety Shoppe (6.29)

.This place used to be terrible. It still isn't great, but they've painted and overhauled, so it isn't the worst anymore. There is a lot of junk, but I had some luck today and the prices are garage sale-esque. 

Initially, when stalking about, I didn't think I'd have anything to photograph until...

The saw section... This thrift store has decided to include hardware as well as pet gear; birdcages included. 

And the plaster section...

Because apparently this place has everything AND the "kitchen" (ok, ok, BATHROOM) sink.

Ok so everything is garage sale priced EXCEPT for the books. Part of me thinks that they're out of their minds for pricing used books this way, but when I thought about it, books are well worth it.

I keep getting told that I need to illustrate with real objects; make a stop motion puppet, complete with armature, and use it to tell a story. 

Mainly I photographed this to record the binding. Maybe I should sew my zine together. 

Sexy.

Man, I could have the best collection of mugs on earth.

The one on the left goes with the pieces I found in Oviedo that I wanted to use to store art supplies. 

Pepper pig!

Keep pepper pig away from the meat grinder. 

I bought this as a friendship gift. 

Gotta watch out for those single-function devices.

This is the first teapot I've seen that would fit with all of the pots I've been finding. 

Visions of sugar plums and all that.

I like the indentations to rest utensils. 

This honey bear was huge, I should have put something by him for size comparison. 

I could be Dawn...

Napkin holder front.

Back.

Buttah bell.

Good for those of us who leave our butter out. 

This was itty bitty, so cute.

Self explanatory.

A sweet tin. 

Wow, I bet I could get a full set of these together if I shopped up and down Florida. 

Case items.

Trike!

More case.

Crap photo. Trust me, these were cute.

I love that they set the scene. With cacti!

Also, "Hang in There!"

Ok, odd object time:

Is it...is it a lion? 

No comments: