Monday, July 6, 2015

Leesburg Goodwill (7.6)

By now, if you've been paying attention, you know that this is my favorite Goodwill. However, I was there on a mission today. I needed to complete an outfit. I don't know how you put your wardrobe together, but I buy a weird piece or two and suddenly, as if from the ether, I envision what other pieces I need to complete a look. In this case I was finishing a "Scoutfit." A scout themed outfit. I needed a fitted, white T. Simple, no? Perhaps you're not me. I typically have specific fits, colors, themes and textures I want to work with. Somehow I seem to find these things. (One must keep an open mind, but have a clear vision). 

Most people don't dress like I do. If I wear colors other than black, I typically feel compelled to get costumy and theatrical with my clothes. I like to make statements, I don't care what others think, I like highlighting good features. Fashion is fun, I'm sure I've gotten it wrong, but I'd rather be wrong than boring. 

Back to the task at hand, sharing my finds.

We begin with a bang. This was, quite literally, the first thing I saw. Tempting, but I'm not usually one to advertise my drinking. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had a martini in my whole life. 

I'm seeing red! My favorite color...though perhaps not for dishes. 

No matter how many times I photographed these "glitter dancing shoes", as I call them, they always came out blurred. Perhaps they're dancing even now...or they're cursed...

More unusual forms. It's sad to think that such experimentation isn't en vogue currently. I should think that modern design could take this to an interesting place. 

Gooooold! 

I feel like I had that Pluto mug. If not, I'm just reminiscing. 

Looks like the 3/4 c. made some friends.

Christmas in July!

Bird doggin' mugs. 

This one struck me for its motif as well as the fact that it's a ceramic beer mug...

The spirit of the 90s!

Which then left you and went to Vegas, where it remained. For what happens in Vegas...ends up at Goodwill...wait...I think I've got my streams crossed...

These ones knew that they looked good together so they congregated.

I think along with my WTF, I shall now include, "They've got a mug for that." Here are my first entries. (Actually my second, but I didn't realize I would continue to encounter such things.)

Just like the apron and the 5 gallon bucket, there is a Home Depot mug.

Call me naive, but I'm not sure what's going on here. However, there's a mug for it. 

For Ernie. Love, Andy Warhol. 

Did someone get mad and donate this?

Chicken, the quintessential catchers of light. 

I'm starting to think that I should buy souvenirs like these, make up stories about where they came from and how the trip went. (Like the Scottish plate a few posts back. Which was gone, by the way...)

Like this! "It made it back from the Bermuda Triangle, though the rest of my party did not."

Perhaps the greatest teapot ever.

Followed by the best colander ever, hands down.

I assume that this is a vessel in which one stores garlic. If it had been a garlic roaster, it would have been mine. If it had been the equivalent of a citronella candle for vampires, I might have sprung. 

Mini stein. 

This pattern appears again! My visual memory is on fire!

And these match one at 2nd Time Around. *squints*

On the way out, wall hangings. Perfect for setting the decade. (There may be a dimmer switch for that...in future.)

Chinese paper cuts are wonderful. I had a classmate in college who made incredible ones. 

Not gonna lie, I'd decorate with these. I could totally go for a man cave aesthetic. Hunting lodge, pub chic. 

I'm a sucker for embroidery. 

Today's WTF:

Yeah...no...it really says all of that. I thought I might be going crazy too, but this was conceived, written and framed. Think about that. 

No comments: