Monday, July 6, 2015

Eustis Goodwill (7.6)

I visited this Goodwill yesterday and posted the vintage dresses I found. I was looking for suspenders and found them, but arrived with only a little time before closing. Here's what I found today during a spur of the moment visit.

Another strong start. I damn near almost bought this. Pugs not drugs, yo.

I couldn't get this any less blown out. Still, a weird painting as the graphic on a tee? So good.

These feel like shoes my mom would like. Mom, what do we think?

I had to pause at this set of bookends. On first glance I thought they were a Siamese duck statue. 

This is a good thing...a really good thing... Had it not been $5.99, I would own this thing...this good thing...

Another good thing. 

I'm pretty sure that these are votive candle holders, not shot glasses. However, they were with the glassware so...MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

I don't doubt it.

I feel like these two should be purchased as a set. They're friends now!

Ok...my naïveté is showing. I feel like I've seen such things before, but cannot place their name or purpose. I shall call them singing irons. You're welcome. 

Studious Asian statues. 

Tiny ceramic chicken with crow friend. 

Holiday molds.

I guess it's a dish of some sort...soap perhaps? I think it should be an ashtray. 

Still no animal inside! That sad state of affairs aside, look at that wide eye. 

Remember this pattern? It even has a loaf pan. 

And this goes with stuff I've found all over. I didn't even notice the thing in the background! It's amazing what you don't see!

Divided dishes are so funny to me. I can't plan a meal this way.

PUPPIES! Is it just me or are these puppies kinda sad?

I love these old wash sets. Looks good next to that bust too. 

I feel like I would have had this mirror in my bedroom in the 90s. Southwest stuff was all the rage...in my brain...

I'm loving these needlework pieces. 

For when I buy a bikey...or suffer severe head trauma! 

My dog would buy these.

Crockpots have been through some fun designs. Thrift stores seem to be where they go to die. Don't buy a new one, get one used, they need homes. 

Saucy doll. 

I'm in love with this doll...and I hate dolls...

Typically I don't have the patience to sift through the books, this trip a few caught my eye:

One of my favorite authors. I kinda like the idea that some unsuspecting reader will buy this. 

The "answers" inside were just as good as you think. 

I almost bought this for the lols. 

This almost became my WTF for this visit:

I guess this is for clarified butter, but who needs a dedicated, melted butter server? And don't say Paula Deen, SHE DOESN'T COUNT AS A PERSON!

Here's my real WTF:

Ok...I know people like golf stuff; there are some serious golf freaks out there. However, who wants this weird, Terry Gilliam-esque illustration of a chubby, perturbed and awkwardly positioned golfer on anything? 

No comments: