Friday, October 18, 2013

New Project?

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in so long.

I have decided that I want to do a stop motion music video for The Wombats' song, "My First Wedding." I suppose I'll need permission, but for now I'm allowing myself to do pre-production. I decided to sketch the lead singer Matthew Murphy without reference so that I might get a sort of intangible quality down on paper before making stalker boards and really digging into his facial features.

The sketches below are from reference. I will be posting more in future as I'm really enjoying dissecting his face.





Well look at that, I finally captured his likeness by the last one. Ha. 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff. I don't even know who it is. A musician?

Unknown said...

You posted that musicians are the most interesting people of all. Etc. Maybe.
but I have discovered in my life with them, starting with my Dad, that they are not necessarily the most intelligent. Creativity and intelligence doesn't always give.
And this is not directed at anyone or anything in particular.Just food....

Unknown said...

I do like the drawings. Are they from Mystic Spiral? lol.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.